Naomi Scott Biography
Full Name: Naomi Grace Scott
Date Of Birth: May 6, 1993
Place Of Birth: Hounslow, London, England, UK
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hair Colour: Brunette
Eye Colour: Brown
Height: 5′ 5¾” (1.67 m)
Parents: Christopher & Usha Scott
Siblings: Joshua Scott(Brother)
Spouse: Jordan Spence (7 June 2014 – present)
- Is of Indian and English descent. Her mother is Gujarati Indian from Uganda and her father is English.
- Got her first break at a performance attended by British pop singer Kelle Bryan, who signed her as a client to her entertainment agency.
- She had her first recurring television role as Megan on Life Bites. Also a musician, she released her first EP Invisible Division in 2014.
- Was cast in the 2011 Disney Channel movie Lemonade Mouth after auditioning via video conference from London.
- Was a regular in the Disney Channel UK series Life Bites.
- Has given a solo jazz performance at London’s Royal Festival Hall.
- Started her performing career by singing with the Bridge Church Youth Band.
- Enjoys songwriting, singing, dancing and playing piano.
- Parents are ministers at the Bridge Church in London, England.
- Appeared in a promo during the 2011 Super Bowl for the Steven Spielberg time-travel extravaganza Terra Nova, her first U.S. series.
- Was cast as the supporting character Ryoko in Ridley Scott’s The Martian (2015) though all of her scenes ended up on the cutting room floor. However, when the film was given an extended cut on home video (Blu-ray and 4K UHD), two of her scenes were restored in the extended version, though they were both only a minute long and she had no lines in either of them.
Early & Personal Life
Naomi Grace Scott was born on 6 May 1993 in Hounslow, London. She is of English and Indian descent. Her mother, Usha Scott (née Joshi), who was born in Uganda and immigrated to the United Kingdom at a young age, is of Indian Gujarati descent, while her father, Christopher Scott, is English. Scott also has an older brother, Joshua.
At eight years old, she and her family moved to Woodford, London, where both of her parents were pastors at the Bridge Church. She grew up listening to gospel and R&B music, specifically singers Kim Burrell, Mary Mary and Kirk Franklin, and singing in church. She attended Davenant Foundation School in Loughton, Essex. She left the school halfway through taking her A-Levels in order to pursue her role in Terra Nova.
Scott is a Christian. She is a UK ambassador to the Christian charity organisation Compassion International, sponsoring children and families living in poverty.
In June 2014, Scott married English footballer Jordan Spence after four years of dating. The couple met at church when she was 16.
Naomi Scott is a multi-talented actor, singer and songwriter. She stars as “Jasmine” in Disney’s blockbuster live action remake Aladdin (2019), alongside Mena Massoud and Will Smith, directed by Guy Ritchie. Disney released the film in May 2019, and it became one of the biggest films of the year.
Naomi was born in London, England, to Usha (Joshi) and Christopher Scott, who are pastors of the Bridge Church, Woodford in Redbridge. Her father is British and her mother, who is from Uganda, is from a Gujarati Indian family.
Naomi appeared in “The 33,” directed by Patricia Riggen. Starring Juliette Binoche, Gabriel Byrne and Antonio Banderas, the film is based on the 2010 rescue of 33 Chilean miners after being trapped for 69 days in a gold and copper mine. Naomi plays “Escarlette”, the daughter of Banderas’ character who is the leader of the miners. Additional credits include a series regular role in Steven Spielberg’s television series “Terra Nova” for DreamWorks and FOX, a lead role in the hit Disney Channel movie “Lemonade Mouth” and a lead role in Lee Toland Krieger’s short film “Modern/Love” produced by Roman Coppola.
In 2017, Scott was seen in Lionsgate’s Power Rangers (2017), directed by Dean Israelite, which tells the story of a group of teenagers who transform into a uniformed team of superheroes ready to protect the world from evil. Naomi plays “Kimberly” aka ‘The Pink Ranger’, a girl unconventionally cool in a way all the popular girls wish they were.
Naomi is in production on “Charlie’s Angels,” which Elizabeth Banks is helming for Sony – she won the highly coveted leading role of “Elena” opposite Kristen Stewart. Sony is set to release the film in November 2019.
Naomi resides in London.
Sources: IMDb, Wikipedia & Famous Births & Deaths